The 45th annual Christmas Concert of the Virginia Glee Club was held December 6-7, 1985 in Old Cabell Hall, Donald Loach conducting, as part of the Glee Club 1985-1986 season. The concert included the Twelve Days of Christmas.
A recording of this concert is available at the University of Virginia Library.
- Alle, psallite cum luya
- Ave Virgo virginum
- Verbum caro factus est / Hans Leo Hassler
- Mittit ad Virginem / Josquin Desprez (Ellis Butler, countertenor; Charles Wise, tenor ; Halsted Sullivan, baritone ; Andrew Youkilis, bass)
- Ave Maria / Anton Bruckner
- Salve Regina / Claudio Montiverdi (Edward Smith, countertenor; Andrew Kopser, baritone; Scott Butler, bass; Yvaine Duisit, continuo)
- Salve Regina / Francis Poulenc
- Hodie Christus natus est / Francis Poulenc
- Good King Wenceslaus
- Three carols. Welcome, Yule ; I sing of a maiden ; What cheer? / David Kraehenbuehl
- A winter triptych. Introduction ; God rest ye merry, gentlemen ; Wassail song ; Interlude ; Here between ass and oxen mild / James Adler (Charles Wise, tenor ; Michael Butterman, baritone ; Andrew Kopser, horn ; Mary Jane Smith, harp)
- A selection of English carols. Deck the hall / arr. by David Willcocks ; Gloucestershire wassail / arr. by R. Vaughan Williams; Jingle bells / arr. by Gordon Langford (The Virginia Gentlemen; Michael Butterman, director)
- Twelve days of Christmas
- We wish you a merry Christmas / arr. by Arthur Warrell
- ↑ Deem, Whit; Cyndi Ludemann (1985-12-06). "Decking the halls with Christmas cheer". The Cavalier Daily: p. 8. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=fekhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=1XEEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1355,4267122&dq=glee+club&hl=en.