The 1978 Football Concert of the Virginia Glee Club, the opening concert of the Glee Club 1978-1979 season, was conducted by Donald Loach. Held October 20, 1978 in Old Cabell Hall, it featured a guest appearance by the Washington and Lee University Glee Club, Gordon Spice, conductor.A recording of this concert is available at the University of Virginia Library.
- Come, come away / John Dowland
- Gram / Antonin Dvorak
- Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening / Randall Thompson
- Laudes de Saint Antoine de Padoue / Francis Poulenc
- Here is the God who looks both ways / John Crawford
- The ballad of little Musgrave and Lady Barnard / Benjamin Britten
- Two Russian folksongs / arr. by Issay Dobrowen (Matthew Koch, baritone ; Kip Purcell, tenor)
- Brothers, sing on! / Edvard Grieg
- The blue-tail fly / arr. by Ken Christie
- Ev'ry time / arr. by William L. Dawson
- Vive l'amour / arr. by Shaw-Parker
- Repleti sunt omnes / Jacob Handl
- Football and college songs including the alma maters
Program courtesy of the collection of Anthony Gal.