The 1919-1920 season of the Virginia Glee Club saw the formation of the Glee Club Jazz Orchestra. Officers included William S. Thomas, president; Robert Gilliam Butcher, vice president; Bernard Peyton Chamberlain, business manager; Robert Allen Gibbons, assistant business manager; Robert Iverson Boswell, stage manager; John Hosack Koch, assistant stage manager; and Thomas Claude Durham, Jr., property manager. Kirk Payne was the director.
The Club got off to a slow start, with no director identified as of October 1919; ultimately Kirk Payne directed the performances of the season. By January 1920, the Club was preparing to mount a variety performance in Lynchburg. The group performed in Roanoke in February 1920. In April 1920, the group took a tour through the western part of Virginia and West Virginia, including stops at Hot Springs, VA, White Sulphur Springs (the Greenbriar), Charleston and Huntington, West Virginia.
- ↑ "Glee Club Election". College Topics: p. 5. 1919-03-01. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QQwtAAAAIBAJ&sjid=umkEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1565,6146318&dq=glee-club&hl=en.
- ↑ Corks and Curls. 1920. p. 277. http://search.lib.virginia.edu/catalog/uva-lib:2251117/view#openLayer/uva-lib:2206383/3181/2513/1/0/0.
- ↑ "Glee Club Try-Outs". College Topics. 1919-10-08. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=fQwtAAAAIBAJ&sjid=umkEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2778,6268267&dq=glee-club&hl=en.
- ↑ "Glee and Mandolin Club to Give First Show on January 30". College Topics: p. 1. 1920-01-14. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7A0tAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KX8EAAAAIBAJ&pg=5524,53079&dq=glee-club&hl=en.
- ↑ "Glee Club Delights Audience in Roanoke Last Saturday Night". College Topics: p. 1. 1920-02-04. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=6g0tAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KX8EAAAAIBAJ&dq=glee-club&pg=5457%2C299629.
- ↑ "Glee Club Returns from Western Tour Yesterday". College Topics: p. 1. 1920-04-17. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7w0tAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KX8EAAAAIBAJ&dq=glee-club&pg=5344%2C1005088.
- ↑ "Glee Club Scores with "Nothing"". University of Virginia Alumni News: p. 180. March 1920. http://books.google.com/books?id=XdxKAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA116&dq=%22university+of+virginia%22+%22glee+club%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cK12Uc7LDMfy0QG8hICgAg&ved=0CF8Q6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=%22university%20of%20virginia%22%20%22glee%20club%22&f=false.
|Previous season||Decade||Next season|
|1918-1919||Glee Club of the 1920s||1920-1921|