Of the season, and of the challenges of preparing music during World War II, Pratt remarked,
This will be the most important year in the long history of the Glee Club. We will sing not once, but may times in Cabell Hall, and the public will be invited. We will probably make several broadcasts, the most important one being on next April 13th, the two hundredth anniversary of Thomas Jefferson's birth. Our manager, Tom Conlon is seeking engagements to sing at nearby army camps for which we are authorized to charter a bus. It has been the experience of Europe that the worse the times the greater is the demand for music and plays presented by local amateurs. It should be the Glee Club's pleasant duty to fill this demand and take the initiative in organizing mass singing in Cabell Hall. If you like to sing and are not tone deaf, I can assure you of a hearty welcome...
- Second Annual Christmas Concert
- Founder's Day Concert, 1943
- Concert at Camp Lee (1943)
- Concert at Randolph-Macon (1943)
This roster of Glee Club membership reflects the membership as of the Founder's Day Concert, 1943 and may not include all members who participated in the 1942-43 season.
First basses: Eugene D. Brand, William H. "Bill" Brown, R. van S. Chamblin, A. K. Cocke, T. A. Conlon, E. M. Dixon, William C. Eaton, L. G. Heinrich, Henry F. Neighbors, W. M. Stull, C. D. Tait, Stuart Talbot
In addition to these members, the following were listed as having been tentatively accepted into the group in an October 1942 College Topics article: Robert Von Grimm, Fred Jenkins, Charles Trader, Joseph Ruvane, Louis Bowman, Bob Phillips, Owen Meredith.
- ↑ "Randall Thompson to Direct Glee Club for Rest of Season". College Topics: p. 4. 1943-01-18. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QQ4tAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AWkEAAAAIBAJ&dq=glee-club&pg=6704%2C2230610.
- ↑ "Glee Club to Hold First Rehearsal Tomorrow Night". College Topics: p. 1. 1942-10-19. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Fw4tAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AWkEAAAAIBAJ&dq=glee-club&pg=5241%2C1754612.
- ↑ "Nineteen Men Made Members of Glee Club". College Topics: p. 1. 1942-10-23.
|Previous season||Decade||Next season|
|1941-1942||Glee Club of the 1940s||1943-1944|