The 1955-1956 season of the Virginia Glee Club was conducted by Donald MacInnis. Officers included Alvin L. Pritchard, Jr., president; Lawrence L. McEvoy, Jr., manager; Stanley C. Baker and Robert H. Turner, assistant managers; Robert W. Nuckles, librarian, and Palmer S. Rutherford, Jr., assistant librarian. The accompanist was Barry Rogers and section leaders included James W. Feeley, D.M. Moore, Fred L. Somers, and James D. Vaughan, Jr..
Sometime prior to or during the season, the Club had a promotional 7" acetate made of recordings of repertoire from the prior two years, presumably with the intention of sending to radio stations as a promotional single. In April 1956 the Glee Club gave a radio performance on area radio station WTVR.
- Fall Concert (1955) - with the University of North Carolina Glee Club
- 15th Annual Christmas Concert - with the Mary Washington College Glee Club
- Concert at Mary Washington (1956)
- Service at Hollins College (1956)
- Concerts with the Roanoke Symphony Orchestra (1956) - with a "chorus of 500" celebrating the bicentennial of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's birth
- Founder's Day Concert (1956)
- Concert at Sweet Briar (1956)
- Woodrow Wilson Centennial (1956) - a Music for Young America Concert with the National Symphony Orchestra
This roster is complete as of the Concert at Mary Washington (1956) and may not include all participants in the season.
Tenors: Frederic Berry, Robert S. Bersch, James K. Collier, Jr., Leonard K. Drumheller, Frederick Emerson, Melvin E. Fuller, Cyrus Guynn, Samir Khalidy, Kermit Lowry, Jr., Alma Low, Sam Marney, John Mayo, Lawrence McEvoy, George Miller, Alvin L. Pritchard, Jr., Pete Runkel, Palmer Rutherford, George E. Stevens, James D. Vaughan, Jr.
Basses: Stanley C. Baker, John Barnes, Morton Boyd, Jr., Thomas Cantieri, Claude Crockett, Jr., Benjamin Duval, James W. Feeley, Charles R. Greer, William T. Hawkins, David G. Hubby, Darrell E. Jervey, Gordon E. Johns, William Knight, Laird Leeder, Robert Nuckles, Calvin W. Parker, Richard W. Pschirrer, John P. Sawyers, Fred L. Somers, Benjamin Sublett, Ryo Tanaka, David C. Tribby, Malcolm E. Turnbull, Robert H. Turner, Robert Von Beck, John A. Washington, Robert L. Wright
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Glee Club conducted by MacInnis". University of Virginia Visual History Collection. http://mcgregor.lib.virginia.edu/prints/FMPro?-db=uvaprints.fp5&-format=details.html&-lay=main&-op=cn&Keyword=glee&-max=20&-recid=40542&-find=. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
|Previous season||Decade||Next season|
|1954-1955||Glee Club of the 1950s||1956-1957|