The 1977 Harvard Festival of Men's Choruses was a three day choral festival featuring the Virginia Glee Club, Harvard Glee Club, and Amherst College Glee Club from April 29, 1977 to May 1, 1977. The Virginia Glee Club's performances were directed by Donald Loach as part of the Glee Club 1976-1977 season.
Works performed by the Virginia Glee Club included:
- Confirma hoc (Jacob Handl)
- O Domine Jesu Christe (Adrian Willaert)
- De profundis clamavi (Josquin Des Prez)
- Quam pulchra es (Costanza Festa)
- Ascendi Deus (Jacob Handl)
- The Lamentations of Jeremiah (Thomas Tallis)
- Salve Regina, D. 811 (Franz Schubert)
- Nachthelle, D. 892 (Schubert) (Louis Burkot, tenor)
- Geist der Liebe, D. 747 (Schubert)
Recordings of the Schubert performances are available at the Glee Club Listening Room.
Program courtesy of the collection of Anthony Gal.