During his season with the Glee Club, Mr. Dearing led joint concerts featuring the Club, the Mary Baldwin College Choir, and the University and Community Orchestra. He also led the group on its 1974 spring tour.
Prior to teaching at the University, Dearing was a member of the Roger Wagner Chorale from 1965 to 1967; was drafted into the Army, where he served as the assistant director of the Seventh United States Army Soldiers' Chorus; and completed undergraduate and graduate work at the University of Wisconsin.
Mr. Dearing served as Director of Choral Studies for nearly thirty years at Indiana University of Pennsylvania before his death on Nov. 26, 2010.
- ↑ "James C. Dearing Obituary". http://www.tributes.com/show/James-C.-Dearing-89950970. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- ↑ "History". Virginia Women's Chorus. http://scs.student.virginia.edu/~vawomen/History.html. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- ↑ "Mary Baldwin College Choir, University of Virginia Glee Club, University and Community Orchestra". 1974-02-24. http://virgobeta.lib.virginia.edu/catalog/u4000247.
- ↑ Markwort, Dorothy (1974-04-29). "James Dearing - A Versatile Director". The Cavalier Daily: p. 2. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=SKIcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=4GgEAAAAIBAJ&dq=glee%20club&pg=7074%2C4063363.
- ↑ "James Dearing". IUP Music Department Faculty. Archived from the original on 2011-01-03. http://web.archive.org/web/20110103025229/http://www.arts.iup.edu/facmus/jcdear/. Retrieved 2010-01-06.