Stephen Mazyck O'Brien (born November 8, 1878) was a student at the University of Virginia from 1896 to 1901 and was best known for writing the words to the football song Just Another Touchdown for U.V-a.. While at Virginia he was vice president of the Kentucky Club, a member of the V.V.V. Dramatic Club, a member of Alpha Tau Omega, Lambda Pi, T.I.L.K.A., O.F.C., and associate editor of College Topics. He graduated with a masters of law in 1902, and practiced law in Kentucky, where he was elected to the Kentucky House of Representatives in 1914.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 La Bree, Benjamin (1916). Press Reference Book of Prominent Kentuckians. p. 249. http://www.archive.org/stream/pressreferencebo00labr/pressreferencebo00labr_djvu.txt.
- ↑ "Academic Department". University of Virginia Catalog: 80. 1896-1897. http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=coo.31924069712408;view=1up;seq=84. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- ↑ "Students in the Department of Law". University of Virginia Catalog: 44. January 1901. http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=coo.31924069712440;view=1up;seq=50. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- ↑ Corks and Curls. 11. 1899. pp. 43ff. http://books.google.com/books?id=PdlKAAAAYAAJ&lpg=PA160&ots=lR_UOb2qXy&dq=%22s.m.%20o'brien%22%20%22university%20of%20virginia%22&pg=PA160#v=snippet&q=o'brien&f=false.
- ↑ "Items of Interest". Alumni Bulletin II (4): 38. October 1902. http://books.google.com/books?id=m7QgAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA69&lpg=PA69&dq=%22s.m.+o'brien%22+%22university+of+virginia%22&source=bl&ots=TB7LW1wSIr&sig=40En4SeNMLlPVxySJ-zq2E0_QE4&hl=en&ei=ovaCTMHoNYOC8gb6uOSNAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAjgU#v=onepage&q=o'brien&f=false.